Whether you live in a small space or you have a room that is quite small and you are stuck for decorating ideas it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Decorating for small spaces can be a breeze with creativity and planning strategies.
You need try to maximize space while maintaining functionality. Below are some interesting ideas that will make the most of your pint sized space.
- If you have small rooms to decorate consider using compact pieces to maximize your space and make your room appear larger.
- Get rid of clutter. Clutter takes up valuable space and if your space is already small you may want to get rid of the non essentials.
- Look for items that can multi-task. Dual purpose items such as; storage benches that can double as coffee tables, are a chic way to hide your extra blankets and throws.
- Make the most of wall space by getting shelving tall bookcase and storage devices. These items take up very little floor space but with the height can hold a lot of items.
- Mirrors are very useful tools when trying to give the illusion of space. Place a mirror directly across from a window or another mirror and watch how the feeling of space intensifies.
- Consider furniture that blends with the surroundings such as, glass or translucent items.
- Make sure that with every new item you get you get rid of an old item.. Your small space will eventually fill up with “stuff“, so take stock regularly and get rid of the things you are not using.
- A common myth about small space it to keep wall colors white to maximize space. FALSE! Don`t be afraid of color. Use it wisely but don`t be afraid of it.
- Hang art that with colors that recede (like blue) to give the illusion of deeper walls and add some interest to you space.
All these tips are can help maximize and utilize the space you have. Remember to decorate your space in such a way that it makes sense for how you use it. The key to living in and decorating for small spaces is organization. If you work in the kitchen, get a modular desk that can slip into a corner, if you prefer to read in your room, get a headboard that has a built in bookshelf. Small space adds extra challenges to your decorating scheme but they do have a certain charm about them and they can be made to feel as cozy and chic as you want with these simple tips.