There are so many colors in the world, and I know some people like to have super colorful homes and some peeps, not so many. No matter what side of the fence you be sitting, you can’t be going crazy with colors. The decor police will find you and shun you.
1) Too Many Colors. Don’t use too many colors! It is fantastic to use colors other than white on the walls, don’t get me wrong, but don’t use every color in the rainbow.
2) Too Bright. This isn’t to say, don’t use color. Please do! Just don’t choose the neon colors of the spectrum. You’ll thank me.
3) Buy Yourself in Paint. What? Make sure you pick colors that reflect who you are as a person. Don’t go buying orange when you really wouldn’t wear it, or drive an orange car.
4) Come Up with a Complete Color Scheme. Don’t go out and buy that one color you love and want the walls to be without having all the other colors for your room picked out, such as the trim, ceiling, your rugs, your furniture, etc.
5) Choose the correct sheen. Matte and flat finishes hide wall imperfections, but glossier finishes will reflect more light.
6) Buy Small Amounts At First. When you have settled on a few choices, buy a few small amounts of each color that’s in the running. Paint small squares (about 24”) on the wall in the room you are painting. Let it stay there for a few days. Now you get to see it in daylight and at night.
So share this with your color challenged friends. They’ll be happy you did.